Time for a Benefits Check Up?
If you are age 60 plus and single with an income below $1,500 per month, or a couple age 60 plus with an income below $2,100 per month, you may be eligible for more public benefits than you are currently receiving. Maine's five Area Agencies on Aging can help you learn about and apply for programs that can save you money.
Benefits may include:
• Maine Rx Plus Program
• Low Cost Drug Program (DEL)
• Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
• Food Supplemental Benefits
• Qualified Individual-1 (QI-1)
• Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
• Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Medicare Part D - Low Income Subsidy
To see if you qualify, please review our self-assessment checklists and then call us at 1-800-4277-7411 to make an appointment for application assistance.
• Single (One-person household)
• Couple (Two-person household)
You may also use the National Council on Aging's Benefits Check Up tool. This is a free, national website that identifies programs available to help older adults. You will complete a confidential online questionnaire. Then a customized report will be generated and will provide you with programs you may be eligible for as well as application information for each.