-A A +A

Contact Us:
1 (877) 353-3771

Representative Payee

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Representative Payee may be appointed to help an individual receiving a check of some kind from a federal agency such as Social Security or the Veteran’s Administration, when that person is unable to manage their money appropriately because of a disability.  A family member or friend may help by managing the money so that it is spent for his/her care and support.  To do so, the family member or friend must apply to the federal agency paying the benefits to be appointed representative payee.